Are you hearing that you need to move from Dynamics GP to Dynamics 365 Business Central? First off, Microsoft is committed to supporting existing Dynamics GP customers through 2028 and beyond. In addition to a time-consuming and costly implementation, below is a list of common complaints from customers who have moved from Dynamics GP to Dynamics 365 Business Central.
1. Loss of Features: Customers may experience a loss of features and functionality when moving from Dynamics GP to Business Central, which can impact their ability to manage their business effectively.
2. Complexity of Migration: Customers have found the migration process from Dynamics GP to Business Central complex and time-consuming, especially if they have a large amount of data to migrate. Often, a dynamics 365 Business Central implementation is sold to Dynamics GP customers as a core implementation and does not include migration of history, integrations, customizations or replacing any ISV third party software. A $15,000 implementation quickly becomes well over $50,000 and can last 12+ months.
3. Higher Costs: Many customers may experience higher costs after moving to Business Central, especially for add-on features and integrations. Beware of the core functionality implementations that get you in the door with BC. Microsoft recommends that partners sell a cheap core implementation and upsell a al carte services available at an additional cost. If you want any of the following, be prepared to spend much more on your move from GP to BC:
- Provisioning for additional users
- System analysis
- System modifications
- Cost accounting and cash flow forecasting modules
- Fixed asset depreciation books
- Historical data conversion
- Fixed Assets
4. Limited Customization: Customers may find that Business Central has limited customization options compared to Dynamics GP, which can limit flexibility and adaptability for some customers.
5. User Interface: The user interface of Business Central may not be as user-friendly or intuitive as Dynamics GP, leading to frustration and confusion for a lot of customers.
6. Limited Reporting Capabilities: The reporting capabilities in Business Central may be limited compared to Dynamics GP, leading to a lack of visibility into critical business data for some customers.
7. Limited Integration Capabilities: Business Central may have limited integration capabilities with other systems, which can cause issues for customers who require a more integrated solution.
8. Limited Third-Party Support: Customers may find that there is limited third-party support available for Business Central, which can cause challenges when seeking support for specific issues.
9. Performance Issues: Some customers may experience performance issues when using Business Central, such as slow response times or frequent crashes.
10. Limited Industry-Specific Functionality: Business Central may not offer industry-specific functionality for all industries, which can be a significant disadvantage for customers in certain sectors.
As a Dynamics GP customer, you have invested a lot of money into Dynamics GP and there really is no reason to move to another ERP. For customers who want more out of Dynamics GP, PowerGP Online gives you more features, like PowerGP Banking, more robust integration options like PowerGP Connect and PowerGP Import and better overall performance. This is on top of the premium security and ransomware protection you get with PowerGP Protect. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org We’d be happy to help you save money, time and your mind by getting more out of your Dynamics GP investment.